This Day in History
2004 - Ninth anniversary of BoincSpy
- Refer to http://www3.telus.net/BoincSpy on the specifics.
- If this is the first time running BoincSpy you will need to run the BoincSpy.Setup.exe program. If you do not want to install any database. Then select 'Cancel' at the Database options Screen.
- Provide a Windows 8 prototype. Need to install Visual studio express 2012 for Windows 8 to run it. Is there anyone that wants to develop this further?
- Start gathering a bit of analytics to determine if BoincSpy should still
be supported and what platforms are being used.
- The following information is gathered: remote_ip, Boinc Version, BoincSpy Version, OS and locale.
- openSUSE is the only supported linux at this time.
- Require version V4.5 of .Net framework.
- BoincSpy.SetiDashboard fixes, properly detects when NTPCKR is down, attempt to avoid issues created when the .csv from third pary changes structure.
- Start removing deprecated .net apis. IE HashTables and XMLReader.
- Async functionality slowly being implemented.
Post update procedure
You may have two Data directorys one with uppercase D
and the other with lower Case d. If you have any data in the 'Data' directory,
you can move it to 'data' and then you can delete the 'Data' directory.
- If the queue/task form is displayed for a long period of time, the scroll bars are no longer visible, ( possibly a .net issue ).
- Mono related
- If you minimize the application under linux you cannot get it back. Restart of app required.
- Some of the fields and buttons are being displayed incorrectly.
- SkyMap issues
- One of the windows within the skymap is larger than skymap size.
- If you close skymap the same window that is larger does not close, need to close the application to get rid of it
- On the MAC, SkyMap is broken. Checking to see if this a Mono issue.
- Known Mono bug, the uptime of the boinc process on the status bar is not available.
- 32 bit mono platform supported at this time.