CalgaryBen's Canadian Credit Card Cashback Calculator (C6)
Updated: September 21, 2008 @ 16:01 MDT
This page provides a quick and easy way to calculate your cash back or dividend reward for various credit cards in Canada, based on your annual spendings.
It is about cold, hard cash, so only cards with an actual rebate or cash equivalent are listed here; cards that issue "points" or "miles" that can be redeemed for goods/merchandise/gift certficates, travel, etc. are not included.
The above rewards are calculated based on information published on card issuer websites, and are summarized below.
Updates and submissions
The information gathered above is believed to be accurate but not guaranteed to be so. If you notice an error, please send me a private message on RedFlagDeals to let me know and I'll fix it when I have a chance. I also welcome any additions if you don't see your favourite cash back credit card that you think others may benefit from. In this case, please provide me with as much information as possible -- preferrably the URL if people can sign up online.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you find this page useful!
- My wife for putting up with me working on "time-wasting projects" like this.
- All the users of Red Flag Deals for their words of thanks and encouragement regarding this site.
- Drew_W for informing me about the $250 cap on the Citi Enrich MasterCard reward.
- Whomever informed me about Ultramar's $250 cap and new tier structure (actually I had an Utramar MC, so maybe it was NBC that I found out from)
- angel_wing0 for various updates and improvement recommendations.
- investigator for informing me the calculator was giving wrong values for spendings under $9000 (I think I was using old cashback rates).
- Sometime in 2005 - Excel spreadsheet version, for my own reference/interest, and those of friends
- November 10, 2005 - First HTML/JS version put online
- January 5, 2006 - Some kind of update... probably for accuracy, consistency, etc.
- February 14, 2007 - Added cash back cap for NBC Ultramar MC.
- July 22, 2008 - Official update to restore dead links, added a couple new cards, update tier amounts, card names, etc.
- July 23, 2008 - Updates for clarity, accuracy, etc. (thanks angel_wing0 on RFD)
- September 2, 2008 - Bug fix for NBA Ultramar calculation; was using incorrect percentage for lower 2 tiers (thanks investigator on RFD)
- September 20, 2008 - Added new CapitalOne Cash Back Plus Platinum card (thanks angel_wing0 on RFD)
- September 21, 2008 - Corrected CapitalOne Cash Back redemption terms (thanks angel_wing0 on RFD)
- More changes to come, whenever I have time...
hits since November 10, 2005