Port Alice, BC V0N 2N0
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Excellent people skills; creative, reliable, and pleasant
writing, editing, research, interviewing, marketing, and managing experience,
particularly in the tourism sector
- Familiar with web site design, editing,
- Production of newsletters, advertising, and brochures
in organizing events, meetings, and seminars
- Extensive office, reception,
and computer skills
- Knowledge of data base, accounting, word processing,
and photo and web editing software
- Effective in working with boards and
- Experience in writing successful proposals
to working with "distance" communications tools: e-mail, conference
calls, and web forums
- Works well independently or as part of a team
Web Site Samples
Caller Newsletter: Distributed, via an email link, six times per
year; has proven to be a very effective marketing/communications tool.
Cain Alpine Resort Web Newsletter: This is a sample newsletter from the
2001-02 ski season. Skier visits increased 20% that year.
Island Wild Life Viewing Network: I did research and wrote text for this
Small Scale Food Processor Association
Small Scale Food
Excerpts from "Better Lands and a Perfect
Home: Americans in Canada," Senior Essay for College of Lifelong Learning,
Wayne State University, 1989. This 130-page paper was part of a graduation requirement.
It is a unique history of American immigration to Canada, with a focus on the
Vietnam-era migration of 1966-75.
article was published in Wild Isle Magazine, Winter 1999-2000, and is located
on page 16. You will need Acrobat
Reader to download it.
to the Future at Mt. Cain
to see a summary of my background and work experience. If you would like a PDF
version of this resume to print, click here
(again, you will need Acrobat