"For Whale's Sake" (by Jackie Hildering) articles can be linked to in the blue bars - Links relating to the theme of the article are found under each blue bar.
- See www.savebcsalmon.ca and please sign the petition.
- Letter to the Prime Minister and your MP http://www.ourfish.ca/en/email-mp
November 07 - Young Naturalists Watch Whales (by Paige Aoki)
- Young Naturalist Club of
- "Helping the Whales"
October 07 - Spilt whales (diesel spill in Robson Bight)
- "After the Spill
- Robson Bight". See the video by Twyla Roscovich of
"Calling from the Coast" re. the Bight 6 weeks after the spill
- Save Robson Bight webpage with latest news bulletins
-Action alert on Robson Bight. E-mail the Fisheries Minister (suggested text provided or you can edit it) and donate to the efforts to conduct an underwater investigation.
- Living Oceans for video, clippings and fundraising efforts.
- Updates from OrcaLab. Includes sound sample they captured of equipment hitting the ocean bottom.
- Images of the barge and spill
- Brief video regarding the spill
September 07 - Sixgill shark
COSEWIC report on the threats to the bluntnose sixgill shark
August 07 - Your Ecological Footprint
On-line ecological footprint
1. “Redefining Progress” - vailable in many languages and provides a comparison of your result for other members of your country.
2. Canadian organization "Ecovoyageurs"
3. "Conservation International"
Lesson plan on ecological footprinting
Ecological Footprints from Around the World
July 07 - One Whale - "T2"
JKB, Ellis GM; Transients
– Mammal-Hunting Killer Whales of BC,
June 07 - Ode to the Oceans
May 07 - Bad, Bad Batteries
battery recycling is important
Recycling Council of British Columbia
Nanaimo Recycling Exchange
Call2Recycle programme - Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation
Lesson plan from the Call2Recycle programme, includes everything from the history of batteries to why they should be recycled.
Health impacts of nickel, cadmium, lead, mercury and copper
Reports from the Canadian Household Battery Association
April 07 - Earth Day
Pledge to live a "One Planet Life" http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/666393111
Guide to going green - detailed information about how to reduce your impact on the planet
http://earthday.envirolink.org/history.html - History of Earth Day
http://www.ecoactionteams.ca:80/ - become a member of an Eco-Action team
http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/3335?print=1 - 10 simple ways to make a difference for Earth Day
http://greenasathistle.com/ - a Canadian reporter's journey to make one positive difference to the environment per day. Great ideas for making your own changes.
Link back to "Helping
March 07 - Electronic Waste
Information on the ENCORP electronics recycling programme to be in effect on June 1st in British Columbia. See "Stewardship Plan"
E-waste information and solutions from the David Suzuki Foundation
For all your recycling queries: Recycling Council of BC at 1-800-667-4321
The repercussions of sending e-waste overseas and to landfills:
Article “Old PCs Toxic in Landfill Sites”
Eco- Logic Program: Using Free and Open Source Software to keep computers
out of the landfill
February 07 - Climate Change
January 07 - Living in Paradise
December 06- Killer Whale Adoption Programme
November 06 - Brominated Fire Retardants