Smart Consumerism = Conservation
http://www.obviously.ca/action/en - webpage aimed at cool eco-aware teenagers all about taking action!
Calculate your ecological footprint:
Lesson plan on ecological foot-printing
ecological footprint calculators (
1. “Redefining Progress” - available in many languages and provides a comparison of your result for other members of your country. Start by clicking on your country. Don't give your email address.
2. Canadian organization "Ecovoyageurs"
3. "Conservation International"
The "Story of Stuff" - 20 minute video that reminds us all of "the impact of consumerism and materialism on global economies and international health."
See if you tell the difference between “designer” and “non-designer”
Consumer awareness for teens http://www.obviously.ca/action/en
- webpage aimed at eco-aware teenagers with solutions, music, etc.
- Shopping quiz http://www.ibuydifferent.org/powerup/why_we_buy.asp
- The secret lives of light bulbs; hamburgers; showers and paper http://www.ibuydifferent.org/whatsthedeal/day_in_the_life.asp
Planet Saver" games http://www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/
- This is your lifestyle game http://www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/tiyl.htm
- Save the planet game http://www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/planetslayer.htm
Take the Green Squad Assignment! http://www.nrdc.org/greensquad/intro/intro_1.asp
Water conservation game http://www2.seattle.gov/util/waterbusters/
Also see point 2 on the "Helping the Whales" page