This site is intended to showcase the roses
that I have hybridized over the years with many high-quality image
galleries. I am also intending to reproduce some articles that
I have written for various publications and also write some new
articles with tips on hybridizing, growing and keeping your roses
healthy. I hope you enjoy the photos and information that I have
*NEW* For more about me, click: Who I Am
|Site design by Mike Mander [www.sublimephoto.com].
Content produced on an Apple Power Macintosh Dual-G4 using Macromedia
Dreamweaver MX and Adobe Photoshop 9/CS2. Many images
on this site were original slides scanned with a Polaroid SprintScan
images were prints scanned with an Agfa Arcus II scanner. Some
images were taken with Nikon CoolPix 800 or Olympus C-4040 digital
February 9, 2013
- Updated numerous broken image description links in several galleries.
- Removed and fixed numerous entries on the Links page.
January 17, 2010
- Updated link to Tony's website.
August 21, 2008
- My ISP somehow managed to completely delete my entire site! Luckily it was archived and is now re-uploaded. The only benefit of this is that now I actually have four times as much webspace, so now all my galleries reside on my own website and no longer need to be linked to my son's server. The bad thing is that my front-page hit counter was reset to zero. Luckily, the ClustrMaps count was unaffected.
May 21, 2008
- Added the ClustrMaps archive image above, on this page.
May 10, 2008
- Added a memorial page for my dear wife Ingrid...
- Added link to memorial page on the home page and the articles page.
- Updated the 'Introducing Ingrid' article and the links page.
October 4, 2007
- Updated rose naming fees.
- Removed two nurseries from the links page. One no longer carries any of my roses and the other closed down.
July 15, 2007
- Updated description in MANpurple article.
May 19, 2007
February 18, 2007
- Added my new "Famous Hybridizers" gallery.
September 24, 2006
- Updated Buffy rose info page.
- Updated description in nursery links.
- Added 'Ingrid' rose info page.
- Fixed HelpMeFind link.
- Fixed spelling errors in rose naming article.
September 4, 2006
- Revised pricing in Custom Rose Naming article.
- Change article name from "Naming a Rose" to "Custom Rose
- Updated home page with a new "NEW" link on left below menu.
- Updated some text on the nursery links.
August 7, 2006
- Added numerous articles and links. (See the *NEW* designation)
- Updated the Rose Info pages.
- Added to the Own Root Q&A section.
- Updated the home page.
May 18, 2006
January 22, 2006
- Added Two Sisters Roses link and updated description for
January 14, 2006
- Added reprint of "Introducing 'Ingrid'" on the articles page.
- Linked back to 'Ingrid' article from gallery page.
January 12, 2006
- Updated the gallery page with a new exclusive 'Ingrid' mini-flora
- Updated the home page with this news.
November 30, 2005
- Updated Hortico information on Links page.
August 29, 2005
- Added on more link and updated image count for Help-Me-Find.
August 28, 2005
- Added three new links to the the Links page.
- Fixed the link to the Royal National Rose Society in England.
May 29, 2005
- Changed links to the remote gallery server from using port
233 to port 8008.
Port 8008 is an "official" alternative HTTP port so it may cause fewer
with overly-cautious firewalls, proxy servers and such.
- Updated the horrendous HTML code that made up this update
history list. Not sure what caused it, but now it is much cleaner!
March 18, 2005
- Fixed Rose Rage article link.
March 3, 2005
- Added summary page with all 30 Own Root Cuttings gallery
- Updated the HMF image number to over 180.
February 27, 2005
- Updated Rose Gallery page with the new Own Root Cuttings
- Changed homepage "What's New" comment and added
site revision info on bottom.
- Added an Own Root Q&A page to my Articles page.
July 16, 2004
- Corrected the number of my roses that are stated as being
- Added link to Socorro Roses on Links page.
July 15, 2004
- Added a direct link to my thumbnail gallery on HelpMeFind.
June 17, 2004
- Old home-page web counter no longer worked. New one is now
- Fixed the link to the Canadian Rose Society on the Links
May 10, 2004
- Updated the home page with a new "News" link to
a gallery update.
- Updated the Gallery page with a link to "HelpMeFind
Roses" where I have added tons of information and images.
March 1, 2004
- Deleted"Tips and Tricks" menu selection and added "Hybridizing" menu.
Added a transcript of "Rose Rage Interviews George Mander" to
the Hybridizing page.
February 17, 2004
- Updated Buffy Sainte-Marie page with more detailed info on
the reasons behind the reclassification.
February 7, 2004
- Changed references to Buffy Sainte-Marie as being a Hybrid
Tea, since it was reclassified from formerly being a Floribunda
back in August 2003.
January 1, 2004
- Happy New Year!
- Fixed the Vancouver Rose Society link.
- Deleted the Fraser Pacific Rose Society (link not working).
October 12, 2003
- Modified links page - added some and deleted a few.
February 22, 2003
- Added "Rose Info" page with links to information
about all the roses I have produced over the years.
- Updated the Links page with some additions and deletions.
November 9, 2002
- Added Select Roses to links page and removed The Mini Rose
- Revised this page and shortened this history section for
2002 updates only.
April 9, 2002
- Added link to Paul Barden's Blue Rose Page.
March 21, 2002
- Fixed the links for "Rose Rage" since the server
- Added link to "Old Garden Roses and Beyond."
February 2, 2002
- Added "The Sports of Glowing Amber" article.
- Added Bridges Roses to the links page and updated the description
for RoseKing Gardens.
January 13, 2002
- Added link for "Russian Roses for the North" on
my links page.
[top of page]