Dallas Road Social Club
The not exclusively Victoria-based Dallas Road Social Club (the “Club”) was established in 2007 by a few expatriated Manitobans, Saskatchewanians, Ontarians and a native Scot with a Prairie connection. In late October 2017, there were 28 members on the Club’s roster. Sanctioned events include luncheons at a neighbourhood public house preceded by seaside rambles for those who also elect to walk.
Goals of the Dallas Road Social Club
The Club’s purposes include the promotion of fellowship, wellness, perspicacity and good character. Those who entertain the advice on politics, finance, technology and other subjects freely but not necessarily wisely proffered during Club events may additionally view, and solely at their risk, these interactions as helpful in meeting other personal goals.
The current officers of the Club are:
· Chairperson: Gord MacLean.
· Consigliore: George Ford.
· President and Chief Operating Officer: Ed Wojczynski.
· Senior vice president, economic and fiscal policy: Michael Butler.
· Vice president, development and membership: Martyn Glassman.
· Vice president, programs and operations: Gordon Robinson.
· Vice president, walkers’ compensation: C. Alfred Black.
· Secretary, ad int.: Julian Isitt.
A former officer of the Club is:
· Chairperson-for-life: Charles Kang.
The Club is a progressive meritocracy governed by such rules, protocols and operating procedures, as from time to time, may be promulgated and shared by the Club Secretary.
Useful Web Links and Other References for Club Members:
· The Club’s technology standards that, like its members, are increasingly dated.
· Information concerning a proposal to establish a Cycling Division of the Club.
· Breaking news about significant events in the lives of members, friends and associates of the Club.
· On what was long-known as Environment Canada’s weather website, current conditions and forecast for Victoria Harbour.
· Subject to the Club’s general disclaimer below, and courtesy of the publisher of the MSN Money website, the future price of shares in Westport Fuel Systems Inc. has often been discussed by Club members. In early as the autumn of 2013, one member asserted the equity (when shares traded in the name of Westport Innovations Inc.) was worthy of a “buy” rating.
· On an arguably less fractious note, a chart of the fuel consumed by the Club secretary’s rented 2008 Opel Corsa CTDi five-door hatchback sedan while driving in Provence in May and June of 2008. This comfortable and extraordinarily economical vehicle was made in Spain and sold throughout the world but unfortunately not in North America. It is similar to the slightly larger Belgian-made Opel Astra once sold in Canada as the Saturn Astra but sadly without the diesel engine options offered elsewhere in the world.
The Dallas Road Social Club (the “Club”) supplies the information on this Internet site as a convenience and for the exclusive use of members of the Club and of such friends of the Club as have secured its permission. The Club shall not be liable for any inaccuracies, incompleteness or misrepresentation. The Club further disclaims any liability or other responsibility for any loss, including without limitation consequential loss, destruction, damage, personal injury or death, however arising and from any use of, misuse of or reliance upon the information delivered on this Internet site or by any other medium. This disclaimer shall apply notwithstanding any act of negligence or omission by the Club or by any officer or lawful agent and further, irrespectively of upon whose behalf it or they may have acted or not.
The Club may provide links to other websites. The Club makes no representation or claim, express or implied that the Club or its officers and agents agree or disagree either with the information published or with each other. The Club shall not be liable or otherwise responsible for any direct or consequential losses arising from reliance on the information published on any such websites.
By using the Club’s web site, you agree to accept unconditionally the terms of this Disclaimer and any amended or additional terms as may have been revised or created at any time with or without prior notification and further, you agree to save harmless the Club, its officers and its members, its or their heirs, successors, assigns and agents, as the case may be, from any loss or other harm arising from or connected in any way to your use of this website or your use of any others that may or may not be linked to it.
© All rights reserved in perpetuity by Dallas Road Social Club. 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.