The purposes of Canadian Society for the Andalusian Horse (CSAH) are:
• To operate Andalusian adoption/re-homing programs;
• To advance education and public awareness by providing resources, presentations, and fundamental information on responsible horse stewardship, ethical horse breeding practices, and humane horse training methods;
• To advance education and public awareness by conveying the significant cultural and historical importance of the ancient Andalusian horse to the world;
• To undertake activities ancillary and incidental to the attainment of the above mentioned charitable purposes; and,
• To operate without the purpose of gain for its officers/directors/members, and any profits or other accretions to the corporation shall be used in furtherance of its purposes.
CSAH is committed to helping all Andalusian (Spanish and/or Portuguese), Pura Raza Española (PRE), and Puro Sangue Lusitano (PSL) horses in Canada. The term ‘Andalusian’ in the name of this Society was chosen strictly because it is the most widely connected, most widely recognized, and the most collectively used term for the majority of these breeds of horses but is in no way meant to be exclusive to any of them. Although these three breeds are considered Iberian breeds, there are at least a dozen more horse breeds that are also considered Iberian breeds, and therefore, the term ‘Iberian’ wasn’t specific enough to use in our title for our purposes.
The mission of CSAH is to reduce the number of unwanted Andalusian horses in Canada through rescue and re-homing programs and to improve the welfare of Andalusian horses in Canada through education and awareness.
CSAH’s vision is for all Andalusian Horses to be treated humanely and with dignity and respect throughout their lives and, ultimately, that there are no more neglected, abused, or unwanted Andalusian Horses in Canada.