Bagpipe Player Software
· Supports BMW Gold and BMW DOS file format. The old BMW DOSTM files are converted to the new format as they are opened.
· Bagpipe Player has everything Bagpipe Reader has but with playing to MIDI and PC Speaker capabilities.
· Bagpipe Player is also able to save the tune to MIDI file format.
Page Layout and Printing
· Prints any type of Great Highland Bagpipe light music and piobaireachd (including abbreviations) on a Windows compatible printer.
· Can include any of the following text items with the music: tune title, tune type, composer/arranger, footer (for page numbers), in-line text, text at a fixed location, and comments.
· Prints in portrait or landscape on any paper size supported by a Windows printer driver.
· Top, bottom, left and right margin settings.
· Allows each text item to be formatted with font, font style, font size, colour, underline, strikeout, and alignment (left, right, centred or absolute location).
· Scales music horizontally and/or vertically on the page.
· Allows music to be printed on multiple pages or fit to one page.
· Bars can be vertically aligned.
· Aspect ratio and size of music symbols and symbol spacings can be adjusted.
· Multiple tunes in a file can be printed on one page or across multiple pages.
· Embellishment, grace notes, and strikes distance between melody note adjusted.
· Add per-note spacing with the “space” symbol.
· Staff height can be specified in absolute height (thousandths of an inch) or allow Bagpipe Reader to fit the tune according to page setup settings.
· Split screen with music codes in bottom window and displayed music in the top window. Bar separating the windows can be adjusted vertically.
· Zoom level on music window can be adjusted (10-900%). Allows any scale entry up to 900%.
· Supports Multiple Document Interface (i.e. can open several tunes at same time)
· Icons for new tune, open existing tune, save tune in current window, print music, preview music, refresh music.
· Bagpipe Reader is an OLE server. This means that BAGPIPE Reader tunes can be linked or embedded into other applications, like MS WORD or EXCEL.
· Music can be saved to image files in BMP or PCX file formats. Resolution is adjustable.
· Multiple tunes can be placed in a file, printed on a page or over several pages, and played as a medley.
· Long file names for tune code files (only with 32 bit version)
· Tune files are ASCII based and very small in size, allowing large numbers of tunes to be placed onto a floppy or downloaded very quickly.