Create and Maintain Outstanding Project Team Performance
Prepare to meet the challenges of the 21st century by creating quality driven teams. When high performance requires multiple skills and experiences, nothing is more vital than a project team empowered to succeed. Understanding the applying appropriate team dynamics will give you the flexibility and speed you need to withstand tough global competition. In this seminar, you'll participate in a team-building process and practice the art of organizing quality-driven project teams. You'll determine the potential effectiveness of empowerment and Self-Directed Teams relative to your unique project environment.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is for Project Managers, Managers of Project Managers, Project Team Members, and Technical Personnel - at all experience levels - who want to build effective project teams and achieve human synergies. It is especially recommended for Project Teams who attend as a group.
You Will Benefit
Development and enhance the contributions you make to your organization by being able to:
- Recognize the stages of project team development and enhance the process of team building
- Evaluate and influence team dynamics and team effectiveness
- Organize project teams for success by developing effective team communications
- Identify drivers and barriers to effective team building and develop appropriate solutions
- Build cohesive and effective project teams
- Develop appropriate team leadership styles and strategies to suit the project
- Recognize and capitalize on cultural diversity
- Manage project teams throughout the project's life cycle to optimize human synergies
Your Seminar Experience Will Cover
- Stages of Team Development - forming, storming, norming, and performing.
- Team Dynamics and Effectiveness - team context and goals; team composition and roles of team members; major team issues such as team norms, team cohesiveness, and team leadership.
- Process of Team Building - eliminating barriers to high performance; gaining team commitment; drivers to effective team building; benefits and outcomes.
- Organizing the Project Team - setting project goals; creating the team climate and assembling the project team; matching skill and responsibility.
- Managing Project Teams - coordinating team efforts; developing an effective team communication plan; and developing trust and motivation within the project team.
Instructional Methods include small-group activities, skill practices, case studies, lectures, diagnostic questionnaires, and group discussion.
back to top