Squamish has it all for trail running!! You'll loop through ancient lava flows covered in BC's finest coast mountain rainforest, with stunning views of mountain peaks in nearby Garibaldi Park. The local trail builders are renowned for creating possibly the best network of single track in North America.
Both courses start and finish at or near the north end of Alice Lake (the 8 km course start is a short 5 minute walk away, easily reachable by foot.).
- The 8 km short course route is the same as in 2007 and is still perfect for first time trail racers or those who want to enjoy nature at high speed! It is mostly on park road, or well worn trails. We've added a short technical section to give racers a taste of West Coast trail running at its finest. It follows the very scenic Four Lakes Trail (clockwise), Cliffs Corners and Tracks from Hell.
- The 15 km course starts on the Four Lakes Trail and then continues towards the Garibaldi Highlands area of Squamish. These mostly single track trails offer more challenging terrain with roots, rocks, uphills and exhilarating downhills!
Click here to view the 2008 course map. You can also check out the 15k course elevation profile.
Guided Orientation Runs:
Two orientation runs will be held in August.
- 15km course only - 9am on Sunday, Aug. 24
- 8km and 15km courses - 5:30pm on Tuesday, Aug. 26
- Meet at the Alice Lake Park main parking lot (by the concrete washroom building)
Self-Guided Orientation Runs:
15km course markings at major intersections will be in place a few weeks before the race. Using the course map (see above) and these markings should get you around the course.