E. Swedenborg was NOT a Christian,
therefore, he is going to hell.
Apparently, he is considered as having the highest IQ of anyone in christendom
(not everyone in christendom is saved),
yet based on what he believes, there is no way he could be saved. It just goes to show you that spiritual knowledge
(in your spirit) and regeneration is not
related to human intelligence.
The cult of Swedenborg's
teachings bear false witness against the Bible, misreading it, and altering
it (Revelation 22.18,19). The general tactic of Swedenborg's unethical conduct
is to claim a new idea that was already in the Bible for his own
self-exaltation. He goes further to teach outright false teachings too like
modalism. It is amazing how someone so smart could be so sinful, not entering
new birth, nor able to overcome in life without entering that narrow gate.
Now compare the writings of
Watchman Nee, who
also was considered as having an off-the-charts IQ. However, Nee was one of the
uttermost spiritual Christians that ever lived. Compare their consciences.
Compare this cult by consider
their so-called new idea with the Bible, then observing their specific
error in the note that I (Troy Brooks) wrote that follows under each topic.
- Bible: If you believe, God will
forgive all your sins and give you power over sin. God has a hell for those
that are called good yet call Jesus a liar.
- New Idea: God's mercy involves
helping us become better people. God is willing to forgive everyone, and is
more concerned how we live than with what we believe.
- note: God's mercy involving helping us
become better people is not a new idea. God is willing to forgive everyone,
but not everyone believes so they try to live by not believing so before
they can live they need to be born again.
Who is Jesus?
- Bible: God is 3 Persons. Jesus
is Son of God, distinct Person from the Father.
- New Idea: God is One Person: Jesus
Christ. The Father is the Soul, the Son is the Body, and the Holy Spirit is
the Activity of the One Divine Person.
- note: By saying God is a Person, this
changes the meaning of each Person in the Triune 3 Persons; so God is not a
Person who is 3 Persons, that is modalism and confusion which Satan aims
for. We have a spirit, soul and body, and God the Father represents God's
authority, where the Son submits, and the Spirit is the life of the Father
and the Son that also indwells the born again believer. The Father speaks,
the Son creates, and the Spirit renews. When we pray, we pray to the Father,
through the Son, by the Spirit. Each of us is separate from God. In other
words, God has His own sovereign will and we have our own sovereign will.
The Holy Spirit
- Bible: The Holy Spirit is the Third
Person of the Trinity.
- New Idea: The Holy Spirit is the
Spirit of Jesus Christ. It is the regenerating and enlightening influence of
Jesus Christ, not of some third person.
- note: Jesus had His own human spirit, while
the 3rd Person of the Trinity is the life of the Son that is regenerating
- Bible: We are saved instantly just
by believing that Jesus died for our sins. We don't need to put any effort
into our salvation.
- New Idea: Faith alone is not enough.
We must actively resist evil, while acknowledging that the effort to resist
comes from God.
- note: the false pretence of this new idea
bears false witness against the Bible since after we are saved, engaging in
warfare is necessary to resist the evil spirits, which effort comes from
God in cooperation with Him.
Are Born Again
- Bible: We are saved instantly as
soon as we believe in Jesus, without effort or good works.
- New Idea: Regeneration is a gradual
process taking many years, involving effort, love, good works.
- note: regeneration, being given a new spirit
and new life having entered eternal life occurs in a split second, but
overcoming in life is a life long process the fruit of which is good works.
The new idea rejects initial new birth and bears false witness against the
Bible saying it does not teach the overcoming life.
Marriage and Spirituality
- Bible: Both marriage and staying single are
equally valid, depending on each person's calling.
- New Idea: Marriage love is heavenly,
spiritual, holy, pure and clean.
- note: the sin of the new idea is that they
teach that the Bible says staying single is better, which is bearing false
witness against the Bible.
- Bible: In the new city their is no marriage,
but there is still marriage in the new earth in eternity future.
- New Idea: Genuine marriage is
spiritual and lasts forever.
- note: the new idea bears false witness
against the Bible saying it says there is no marriage in eternity future;
that marriage lasts forever. When you leave your body of flesh and blood,
your marriage ends then also for you will be resurrected with a newly
clothed spiritual body that does not procreate. Only those transferred
livingly from the last generation of the millennial kingdom will stay
married and multiply and live forever. Those living outside the new city in
the new earth
still have bodies of flesh and blood.
- Bible: The husband is the head of
the household which includes children and the wife, respectfully.
- New Idea: Husband and wife are equals
- note: the new idea bears false witness
against the Bible thinking that the man as the head of the household somehow
means that man and woman are not equal. They equally come before God and
should cover their heads with humility. There is a reason God makes man the
head of the household, because women tend to be more emotional (this is a
medically proven and statistical fact also). Therefore, there is no new
What Angels Do
- Bible: Heaven is a place of praise and
- New Idea: Heaven is a place of
- note: the new idea bears false witness
against the Bible saying heaven, and when heaven and earth come together in
the new city is just a place of relaxation. Heaven and the new city are
active and useful, therefore it is not a new idea.
Meaning of the Bible
- Bible: The Bible should be taken literally
unless otherwise indicated.
- New Idea: The Bible has an inner
- note: It is not a new idea that the Bible
has inner meaning. Do you see the pride of the new idea?
Adam and Eve
- Bible: Adam and Eve were actual
- New Idea: Adam and Eve were symbols
of the Lord and His Church.
- note: Adam and Eve were real individuals who
were the first human beings to receive God-consciousness, but Adam was not a
symbol of the Lord, though Eve could be taken as a symbol of the church.
Adam sinned, Jesus never sinned.
- Bible: Jesus saved us by receiving
the punishment that was meant for us atoning for our sins.
- New Idea: Jesus saved us by
overcoming evil and glorifying His Human form.
- note: It is not a new idea that Jesus saves
us by overcoming evil by His death on the cross, nor is it a new idea that
Christ when He was in the flesh was glorified. Again, this is bearing false
witness against the Word of God.
The Blood of Jesus
- Bible: Blood means life; let us drink of his
blood and eat of His flesh.
- New Idea: Blood means Life and Truth;
Jesus saves us by giving us life and truth.
- note: again, this is not a new idea
that the life of the body is in the blood. The shedding of blood is for the
forgiveness of sins.
- Bible: God punishes people, bad
things are the result of sin.
- New idea: The Lord wills only good,
but permits bad things for the sake of our freedom.
- note: it is not a new idea that God desires
only good or that He allows bad things for the sake of our freedom.
Selfishly, claiming this is a new idea, Swedenborg placed himself at the
center of the universe, not God.
Who Needs Works?
- Bible: We are saved by faith (that is new
apart from the works of the law.
- New Idea: We are saved by the Lord
through love, faith and good works.
- note: being saved is receiving new birth,
which then puts in right position with God to begin to be able to overcome
in life. It is not a new idea that overcoming in life includes God's love,
faith and good works.
Who Is Saved?
- Bible: Christians are saved and those who
have not heard of Christ are saved if they accept the Creator for if they
were introduced to Christ they would accept Him.
- New Idea: Good people from all
religions are saved.
- note: this is a false teaching that the
"good self" can save someone. God equally recognizes the noble just as
corrupted as the ignoble in refusing Christ. God knows who they are.
Angels Come From
- Bible: Angels were
created before humans, but it does not make them a superior race.
- New Idea: Angels are people who have
died and gone to heaven.
- note: this is a false teaching that angels
have died. They have always been in heaven. Angels were not made in the
image of God, so angels are not superior to man. Here we can the false
- Bible: We are saved by faith alone. When you
commune with God, He will increase the fruit of His love in your life daily.
- New Idea: The most important command
is to love God and others.
- note: Again, this is not a new idea so this
is bearing false witness.
- Bible: God the Father has a Holy anger and
wrath that punishes
sinners and condemns them to hell for calling His Son a liar.
- New Idea: God is always loving and
merciful--the anger is just an appearance.
- note: God is not a false God and is not
putting on a show. God does have anger, but it is righteous and holy and not
pretentious, not just for appearances. When He returns (His parousia) in the
Tribulation, His wrath will pour out upon those that attack the little
brother (Jewish nation and Christians), and who take the mark of the beast.
It is a time of testing and judgement that ends the dispensation of grace.
- Bible: Jesus returns and fulfills His wrath
against God-haters which commences the millennial kingdom; the earth is
burnt up after the millennium ushering in the new earth in eternity future.
Christians and those saved are already save. His second coming is not about
initial salvation which was taken care of by the cross, but renewing the
earth in a millennial peace by reigning with an iron rod and to give rewards
- New Idea: Jesus comes as the Spirit
of Truth, bringing about spiritual change.
- note: Jesus returns in Person, not in
Spirit. Just as Christ went up in Person, so He shall
return in Person
from the cloud for all eyes to see. It is a false teaching not found in the
Bible that we should allegorize Christ's return. This is a sign of
unsalvation to teach this heresy. It is not even a new idea. There will be
change for we will enter a new dispensation, but neither is that a new idea.
It was written in the Word of God.
- Bible: True believers will be caught
up "to the throne" (Rev. 7.9) or to the air (! Cor. 15.50-52, 1 Thess.
4.15-17) in Christ's parousia and those that return with Him (His Holy
Myriads, Jude 1.14,15), His overcomers receive the reward of reigning with
Christ during the time of recompense (millennial kingdom, Rev. 20.2-6).
- New Church Idea: Jesus' coming will elevate
our minds to a higher level, not our bodies.
- Bible: When a saved person dies they go to
timeless unawares (good side of Hades/Sheol) to be resurrected to judgement
seat, whereby they will receive the reward of the millennial kingdom
reigning with Christ or go into loss of rewards called outer darkness
outside the light of reward of reigning with Christ (though it has no
furnace about it) to be made ready for the new city after the millennium.
- New Idea: We rise into the spiritual
world immediately after death, and never assume our earthly bodies again.
- note: 1 Thess. 4.15-17 says we are
resurrected together at the last trumpet which is the last week consummation
of this age. There is nothing in the Bible that says we go straight to
fantasy heaven. When we are resurrected at the last trumpet, we are given
newly clothed spiritual bodies. You can not enter heaven without one. After
the 1000 years, the unsaved are resurrected separately at Great White Throne
to be judged and thrown into the lake of fire forever (read all of Rev. 20).
Swedenborg has his own ideas with his unregenerated mind.
- Bible: Satan was created as an
angel, then rebelled.
- New Idea: Satan is all of the people
in hell working as a unit.
- note: Satan has his own will and everyone
who gets cast into hell has their own independent sovereign will. Swedenborg
did not love God nor His Word (66 books of the Bible), whom is Jesus Christ.
Swedenborg will be resurrected at GWT from the bad side of Hades to be
thrown into the lake of fire for eternity for that is where he wants to go
and that is where his cult members want to go too. That is their choice.