I believe the work of The Zone is of God eating in the
proper ratio of one block being 7 to 9 to 2 grams of
protein, carbohydrates, and fat which is optimal fuel to our
bodies for peak efficiency, and very well pleasing to the
Lord. Never going over 4 blocks per meal of 3 meals a day.
The first tier supplements we should take are (start down
the list of what you can afford):
(1) 400 IU's of vitamin E per day, and
(2) 400 mg's per day of Omega 3 fatty acids, EPA since 50%
of our brain is made up of omega 3.
And the second tier supplements are:
(3) vitamin C (1000 mg/day), and
(4) mineral magnesium (250 mg/day).
Third tier supplements are:
(1) beta carotene (which you need not buy if you eat adequate
amount of fruits and vegetables per day),
(2) B3 (20 mg/day)
(3) B6 (10 mg/day),
(4) folic acid (1000 micrograms/day),
(6) zinc (15 mg/day),
(7) selenium (200 micrograms/day), and
(8) chromium (200 micrograms/day).
(10) lutein (5 mg/day each),
(11) CoQ10 (10 mg/day),
(12) OPC - oligoproanthocyanidins (10 mg/day)
Half the battle is realizing you are addicted to a drug
called "gluten" that has existed since at least 10,000 B.C.
when grain became popular. To remove this craving step by
step as you wean yourself off of this drug, follow these
(1) Don't buy cereals and pastas anymore,
(2) Don't buy fast glycogen breakdown products that convert
carbohydrates too quickly into glucose like canned juices (eg.
canned soups, bananas,
(3) Don't buy bread, crackers and buns anymore,
(4) Don't buy potatoes and rice anymore,
(5) Stop eating out which causing you to spontaneously buy
pop, fries, and taking in saturated fats (only cook with
olive oil - monosaturated), and
(6) Don't buy chips, cookies, chocolate almonds,
chocolate bars (since that is not really a gluten problem
but a gluttony problem).